Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Updates- Tuesday November 18th

Hello! This is Alyssa. I'm going to be putting updates on here every night so that can update people all at once. Many of you are wondering what you can do and what we are doing. This will be a way for you to comment and us to respond all at one time. We are so grateful for all of the support and prayers. You are all so wonderful. God has blessed us with amazing friends.

Here is a little update for now.
We are currently looking at rental homes with the help of Colleen. Thus far we haven't had much luck. Fortunately things are looking up. Tomorrow will be a hard day for my family so please keep us in your prayers. My parents will be meeting with the adjuster.
Right now we're trying to settle into things. Ryan is back at Pepperdine resuming his studies. I'm returning to classes tomorrow, Wednesday, to try to get back into my daily routine. Kendra has been back in school since Monday and been receiving clothing and toys from families at school. Also, Colleen and her girls are exhausted and have been such a help, so please keep them in your prayers as well. It has been hard on us all.


I'll be sure to give more information when I have it. Please feel free to leave comments. I will respond through this. It's very hard for any of us to continue to return phone calls right now. We're all very overwhelmed.

~Alyssa



Here is a picture of our house burning that was on a website. The firefighters did the best they could.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Alyssa!

I have been thinking about and praying for you and your family everyday. :) I'm hoping this comment thing works because there's a lot of people who care about you and your family, and would probably want to comment to. :) I hope this works!

lub u lots!

Jeff and Jenny said...

Hi guys! We are praying for you guys and thinking about you all the time. Hope things start looking up!
Jeff and Jenny Kreil

Anonymous said...

Isaiah 40:31
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
God Bless you guys, I'm thinking and praying for you all day!
Blake family...

Momma said...

Hi everyone! We are praying for you up here in Oregon. We love you all and you are always in our thoughts. Jack and Sabra Hammond said to let you know that you are in their prayers too.
Love to you all,
Ted, Mandy, Nolan, Abby, and Evan Hoggard

Anonymous said...

Hi all,

We have been thinking of all of you everyday. We love you all so much and pray God's blessings on you at this awful time in your lives. We have a dinning room table and six chairs that you are welcome to if you need it for your rental home. Also have a couple of lamps. We will try to see you on Saturday as well. Hugs...Doug and Jan Scheid

Anonymous said...

Hello Gino Family,
We have been thinking about you. We are praying for you and all of you are in our hearts.
Bobby and Crystal Anderson

Lorie Kelly said...

Dear Ones, you looked so good when I came by on Tuesday ! You made me feel better !!!! I will be praying that the home is just right for you and you will get in quickly and Phil and I will have a housewarming at our house for you all, like I mentioned before ! Is that still okay with you ? I wish I could come and help on Sat. but I have to take my mother to the City of Industry for an MRI and another test ! I will be thinking of all of you and the others and pray some things will be found and for all your safety. Please call if you can think of something I could help with, perhaps taking Kendra for a day or an afternoon ? Let me know. Hugs all around, Lorie and Phil